[mythtv-users] Free US/Canada Listings

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Sep 12 02:55:25 UTC 2007

On Sep 11, 2007, at 3:12 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Up here, and in most of the
> common law world, the loser in the litigation pays the winner's
> legal costs.

I have really mixed feelings about "loser pays."  I think it would
discourage individuals bringing suit against corporations, even if
there was a good chance of success, because if they lost they might
be bankrupted by having to pay the company's legal bills.  Meanwhile
corporations wouldn't be similarly intimidated due to their deep
pockets.