[mythtv-users] My analog tuners stopped working!

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 03:23:23 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Bill Omer <bill.omer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/11/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > On Sep 11, 2007, at 7:32 PM, Bill Omer wrote:
> >
> > > I rebooted and got the same results, but reversed!  Now /dev/video0 is
> > > snowy and video1 works fine.  Doesn't make any sense to me ...
> >
> > The reversal thing makes sense. You will need to use udev rules to
> > make sure your cards stay in the same order on reboot. As far as why
> > one is working and the other is not, I'm afraid I don't know.
> >

> Yeah it's really odd.  As far as dmesg goes, everything looks good.  I
> did however, make some head way.
>
> I added the following to my /etc/modules file
>
> options ivtv0 enc_mpg_buffers=16
> options itvt1 enc_mpg_buffers=16
>
> After a reboot, both tuners seem to be working.  Very strange indeed.
>
> -Bill

Hmm...  apparently I spoke too soon.  Here's whats happen.

After a reboot, without mythbackend starting, I can cat both tuners
and play the mpg streams with mplayer just fine.  It seems as if both
tuners are on the same channel though, which may or may not be a
problem.

I start mythbackend.  One tuner works, the other is snowy.  I kill
mythbackend, cat both files, and only one works.

I'm not sure what this could be at all.

-Bill