[mythtv-users] No Australia XMLTV listings grabber option.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:58:10 UTC 2007

On 12/09/2007, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:
> On 9/12/07, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> > > In mythtv-setup, option 3, there is no 'Listings grabber:' option for
> > > Australia.
> > >

> > > In a previous install it was there. The last install was on Fedora 6 and
> > > the one is on Fedora 7. For both I used atrpms and freshrpms and
> > > installed with 'yum install mythtv-suite'. Has this option for Australia
> > > been removed in a newer version of mythtv?
> >

> > Just download and install shepherd
> http://svn.whuffy.com/index.fcgi/wiki
>

> That does not solve the problem, though.  When you set your listings grabber
> to australia it runs "tv_grab_au".  He'll have to (oddly) choose some other
> country, and rename/link his shepherd install to (example) "tv_grab_uk,"
> which is not a good solution.
>
> I have no idea where that list comes from, though, and thus cannot help.

In newer versions of MythTV the list of XMLTV grabbers is populated
automatically via tv_find_grabbers rather than hard-coding the list of
grabbers into MythTV. If a grabber does not appear in the mythtv-setup
list it is likely it is not available on the system.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/