[mythtv-users] Early exit

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 09:02:54 UTC 2007

I have a new problem on my mythbox where viewing any program simply
stops about a minute before the end. If watching live tv, The display
just stops and the front end says there was an error. I can then click
ok and quickly try to get back to the channel before the credits roll.
If watching a recording, the saved file is simply too short. I assume it
stopped recording at the same point that the live tv would have crashed
out. Any idea what this is?

Maybe it only happens on BBC? I've not tested that actually, but we do
seem to watch more BBC than anything else. I struggle with stuttery
playback on BBC when most other channels seem fine so maybe there's
something weird going on there?

I rarely get time to tweak my myth setup, but I do have a couple of
hours on Thursday evening so I'm hoping to iron out a few wrinkles then.

Looking forward to hearing any thoughts.

Cheers
Damian