[mythtv-users] Does anybody use Hauppauge cards?

Guillaume Filion gfk at logidac.com
Wed Sep 12 14:19:20 UTC 2007

jnhannah at cox.net a écrit :
> All,
>
> Are there any MythTV users out  there using any analogue Hauppauge TV cards?
>
> I would particularly like to hear from any MythTV users in Arizona (Phoenix) who also happen to use a USB-UIRT connection to the STB.

I'm in Canada, but I happen to know that the USB-UIRT is connected to
the USB port. It does not interact with any Hauppauge TV card. You
should start by setting up the Hauppauge TV card and make it work. Then
setup the USB-UIRT.

Here's a summary of how I made the USB-UIRT work on MythDora:
-----
I had some troubles setting up the IR Blaster (USB-UIRT), but after a
couple hours, I had it working. Here's a summary of how I did it:

ln /usr/sbin/lircd /usr/sbin/irblaster
cp /etc/init.d/lircd /etc/init.d/irblaster
wget http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/coolsat/Pro_4000 -O
/etc/irblaster.conf

In /etc/init.d/irblaster, replace every instance of "lircd" by
"irblaster". Then put this into /etc/sysconfig/irblaster:

IRBLASTER_OPTIONS=" --driver=usb_uirt_raw --device=/dev/ttyUSB0
--output=/dev/lircd1 --listen=8766 --pidfile=/var/run/irblaster.pid
/etc/irblater.conf"

Then put the following into /usr/local/bin/change_chan.sh:

#!/bin/sh
REMOTE_NAME=Coolsat_Pro_4000
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
 irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
 sleep 0.333
done
irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME O

I'm not sure why (and this is what gave me so much troubles), but I need
to read from /dev/lircd1 for the irblaster to work. So I added irw
/dev/lircd1 >/dev/null 2>&1 & in /etc/rc.d/rc.local. It's not very
elegant, but it works...
-----

Hope this helps,
GFK's