[mythtv-users] no /dev/video* devices created with HD-5500

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:09:19 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Brad Sawatzky <brad+mythtv at swatter.net> wrote:

> I don't think udev loads the driver for you.  Try the following (as root):
>
>   % modprobe cx88_dvb

Thanks but no dice.  The dvb driver has been loading fine.  I assume you
suggested (re)loading this module in hopes that the analog driver gets
pulled in with it, correct?

It should pull in a bunch of other modules automagically.  'dmesg' should
> show something like:
>   cx2388x dvb driver version 0.0.6 loaded
>   cx8802_register_driver() ->registering driver type=dvb access=shared
>   CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 7063:5500, board: pcHDTV HD5500 HDTV [card=47]
>   cx88[0]/2: cx2388x based dvb card
>   DVB: registering new adapter (cx88[0]).
>   DVB: registering frontend 0 (LG Electronics LGDT3303 VSB/QAM
> Frontend)...

I have these same lines in my dmesg when the dvb driver gets loaded, they
must not pertain to the analog portion.  Are you able to glean at all from
dmesg or lsmod the name of the analog drivers that are required?  I assume
it's of the form v4l or something but I don't know.

Thanks,
--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak: