[mythtv-users] how are the commercial flags stored?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:09:22 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Kent Watsen <kent at watsen.net> wrote:

> I read on the Wiki about how to config and use commercial flagging
> ((http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Commflagging) and also about its
> algorithm (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Commercial_Flagging),
> but where are the flags stored? - are the flags stored in the SQL
> database or are they embedded into the recording itself?  Would it make
> sense to have an "incoming livetv" directory and then have the
> commercial-skipping process move the recordings into a "now playing"
> directory for the frontends to use?
>
> Thanks,
> Kent

They are stored in the database.  The commflagger marks frames of start and
end of commercials.  Then the player queries the DB for points and then
skips those segments.  The video always includes commercials, unless you
transcode them out with the cut list.  You can view the cut list by clicking
menu when watching the video and the edit recording.

Mitchell