[mythtv-users] Third Tuner, Slave or Master?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:25:52 UTC 2007

> PPS Does anyone have any thoughts on the relative value of getting a
> HD Tuner when I don't have any HD TVs to record broadcast HD?  If I
> understand it correctly, I can get that just via antenna despite
> having basic analog cable, right?

You may be able to get the OTA channels in HD with your current cable
package as with comcast enhanced basic I get all of the local stations
(and some extras) in HD without having any digital or HD service. Also
upgrading to digital or HD will most likely not add any channels as
regardless of weather you have digital or not all channels come into
your house the digital ones are mostly encrypted and only able to be
seen on the cable box or a TV with a cable card.

John