[mythtv-users] segfault scanning ATSC channels

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Sep 12 15:57:54 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 07:46 -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
> Well I reran mythtv-setup and this time I got more information.
> Apparently there's some sort of compression scheme that makes
> mythtv-setup puke.
>
> I am using myth from source; is there a dependency I am missing?
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this?
>   ExtendedChannelNameDescriptor: 'MSS unknown text compression 159*

If you could get me a debug build backtrace I can probably fix
the SEGFAULT quickly. For the decoding of this text compression
it may just be bogus data causing the report; but if it isn't,
I can probably find the spec for it and implement the decompression
algorithm; or alternatively you could capture a raw data grab
and I could reverse engineer it.

Open a ticket for the backtrace and set the "Component" to "dvb".
  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/newticket

For instructions, including how to get a debug backtrace, see here:
  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TicketHowTo

-- Daniel