[mythtv-users] video curiosity, point me to the right mailing list

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:37:28 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:30:52PM -0400, Chris Ribe wrote:
> >      Your math says it's a one-channel vertical linearity problem.
> >      But, as great a guy as I think you are, Chris: you're nuts.  :-)
> >      Buy the remote.
> >
> >    I wish I could, but I'm wicked poor.  C'est la vie.
>
> Alas, you're unlikely to find a way to emulate *those* controls on the
> remote.  I can't imagine it's actually required to realign... What
> model set?

I must say, I like the ebay idea, but I've also gotten one step closer to a
do-it-myself solution.  I found an lircd.conf file for the remote, but I
seem to have misplaced my PVR-150 irblaster.  Now I just need to construct
my own...

The convergence and geometry setup for the TV make heavy use of the "PIP CH"
and "ANT" buttons on the remote, but those do appear in the lircd.conf file.

And you engineer a broadcast station.  Aren't they paying you enough?  :-)

I can't speak for markets 161 or 163, but in market 162, nobody gets paid
enough.  Of course, I like the job and have agreed to work for what they're
paying me, so I can't really complain.

-chris

--
TV/IT Engineer