[mythtv-users] SOLVED! My analog tuners stopped working!

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 22:48:38 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 09:07:00AM -0400, Bill Omer wrote:

> > > I speculate that you have cards with two different tuners, and some
> > > file that told your driver that has been upgraded over.
> >
> > Yes, I have a pvr-150 and  a 250.  I dont quiet understand what you
> > mean by "some file that told your driver that has been upgraded over."
> > though ....  Could you elaborate for me please?
>
> I meant that the driver needs to be told which card has which tuner.
>
> But if they're ok at boot, that's not it.
>
> Cheers,
> - jra

Figured it out.  In mythtv-setup, under General, on page 2, there's a
simple little option that I over looked.  Channel frequency table:
us-bcast

Changed that to us-cable, now life is good.

I've never had to do this before, so I'm assuming this is a new
default option in .21

Thanks for the help.  It was indeed a channel frequency table issue,
just wasn't an option under the capture card settings where I thought
it would be.

Now, what if one tuner was connected to cable and the other was on
ota?  Doesn't look like you can adjust the frequency table on a per
tuner basis.

Thanks again all who replied

-Bill

PS:  totally OT, but I cropped a bunch of Mr. Ashworth's sig.  Is this
proper netequette?