[mythtv-users] Where did the "tuner" go in mythweb?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 13 02:30:21 UTC 2007

On 09/12/2007 10:02 PM, Matt wrote:
> Thanks Joe, but my question is, why did that ever change?  Before it
> used to just say the tuner number "1", "2", etc... why do I have to
> enter that manually now?

Because cardid/cardinputid is really only meaningful to Myth (if you
thought it was meaningful to you, you only did because you were used to
it and because you have a simple system configuration).  If you want a
displayed identifier for your cards, it should be the user-specified
display name.  If you've specified nothing for the display name, you've
said you don't want to see it.  :)

Mike