[mythtv-users] Tuner priorities

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Sep 13 02:51:32 UTC 2007

Rich West wrote:
> This may sound like a basic question, but I've managed to confuse myself
> about this so I figured I would ask.
>
> I just bought an HDHomeRun, set up the channels & etc, but I don't want
> to record on it just yet due to my really poor placement of the POS
> antenna I have.  I have three PVR-150's in the backend already, all with
> a priority of "0".  If I want to have the backend use the HDHomeRun
> tuners as a last resort, do I set the priority of the HDHomeRun tuners
> to something like "10" or to something like "-1"?

-1. It only needs to be different by one in order to break
the tie. When you do want to test recording, go to a rule's
recording options page Scheduling Options and change "Use
any available input" to the input for the HDHomeRun.

Much more at http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html#ss12.6

--  bjm