[mythtv-users] Need xorg.conf for standard TV.

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:30:28 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, clemens at dwf.com <clemens at dwf.com> wrote:
> OK, Im a little bit spooked.
> I have no problem putting together a working xorg.conf for a MONITOR,
> but I worry a bit about driving an actual TV set (which I assume is a lot more
> unforgiving).
>
> Also Ive never done one that required interlace...
>
> So, could someone give me an example of an xorg.conf (for a Nvidia GeForce
> 6200)
> that's not going to destroy my TV when I connect it up.
> --
>                                         Reg.Clemens
>                                         reg at dwf.com

What TV and country?  You should be able to just "connect it up" and
"have it work" but really, the play it safe, you can plug in safe
values like:

HorizSync 30-50
VertRefresh 60

And:

Modes 640x480

And then go up from there.  Really though, I haven't fried a TV yet
(knock on something wood-ish) and I've accidentally had some really
bad values in my xorg.conf  The nice thing is that (for me so far)
xorg only displays what the TV reports it can handle unless I force it
with a ModeLine or something, and even then I haven't had much luck :D

-Chad