[mythtv-users] Distro Preferences

Paul Mason latepaul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:13:54 UTC 2007

On 13/09/2007, Jeff Campbell <jeff.campbell at jax.org> wrote:

>  Paul,
>
>  I know almost nothing about Linux or mythtv. I used the latest Alpha4
> build of Mythbuntu and then installed the ubuntu desktop from it's console.
> It worked fantastic! All I had to do was create the archives temp directory
> and get it's permissions right and my system was up and running! I think all
> newbies would be best served by mythbuntu. Just my 2 cents, you might want
> another distro since your more experienced.
>
> Jeff

I quite fancy trying Mythbuntu or Mythdora or  KnoppMyth at some point.
However since I am currently running an SVN version of Myth then I need to
run the same version if I want to copy over my existing database and
recordings. Plus there are a couple of new features that I've gotten quite
used to.

--
Paul Mason