[mythtv-users] Distro Preferences

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Sep 13 15:57:38 UTC 2007

On Sep 13, 2007, at 3:45 AM, Paul Mason wrote:

> I'm considering trying out a different distro. Currently my MythTV
> box is openSuse 10.2 and my laptop, and occasional frontend, is
> Fedora 7. I've also use Fedora 6 in the past for Myth.
>
> What are people's distro preferences and why?

I'm using OpenSuse 10.2 because my other systems run it, and years in
IT have taught me that sameness is goodness when you have to maintain
a lot of machines. ;)

That said, if you're looking to gain experience with something
different, it might make sense to try a distribution with a different
package system than you've grown accustomed to.  OpenSuse and Fedora
both use RPM.  You might try Debian or even Gentoo.