[mythtv-users] Auto Transcode not happening

Richard Pickler rpickler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 18:21:20 UTC 2007

I recently rebuilt my myth system as part of a large series of upgrades to
my systems at home.  This time around, I tried out ubuntu and their
-proposed branch of mythtv.  (Even paid $15 for Schedules Direct on
Tuesday.  Damnit.  Oh well, I feel it's a service that's well worth it.)

I'm still working out a couple kinks, but one really has me stumped.  For
some reason, I can't automatically transcode any recordings.  They record
fine, they go through commercial detection, but the auto-transcode jobs
never show up on the queue.  When setting up some of the recordings, I
accidentally turned on a "User Job", and it showed up in the job queue, but
no auto-transcode.  Is there something broken?  I'm kind of stumped here and
it's an odd behavior that's filling up disk space very quickly.

Rich