[mythtv-users] No SD Update and SD Episode Numbers do not match previous recordings

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Sep 13 18:44:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 14:05 -0400, Cottrell, Eric wrote:

> Problem 1:
> Episodes previously recorded are being recorded again.  It appears
> the the format of the episode codes have changed between Zap2It
> and SD.  I found mention of this. I thought the schema change
> updates would correct this?  I verified that the backend updated
> the database to the current schema via the log.  Do I have to run
> a utility to correct the episode codes?  I do find the new (to me)
> previously recorded list very helpful but I do not want to search
> it every day or two.

Did you "restore" the DB after the upgrade. If you do this it can
insert bogus info which won't be corrected. The correct way to upgrade
is to backup the DB and install the new version. When you run the
new version it will update the DB.

You can fix the programid problem after the fact, though there may
be other problems due to "restoring" an old DB onto a new schema.

Just run these updates on the mythconverg DB:
(first run mysql mythconverg -umythtv -pmythtv)

UPDATE recorded
SET programid=CONCAT(SUBSTRING(programid, 1, 2),
                     '00', SUBSTRING(programid, 3))
WHERE length(programid) = 12;

UPDATE oldrecorded
SET programid=CONCAT(SUBSTRING(programid, 1, 2),
                     '00', SUBSTRING(programid, 3))
WHERE length(programid) = 12;

UPDATE program
SET programid=CONCAT(SUBSTRING(programid, 1, 2),
                     '00', SUBSTRING(programid, 3))
WHERE length(programid) = 12;

> Problem 2:
>
> I noticed that mythfilldatabase is not being run.  The status screen shows
> a date several days ago that was a sucess and I now have 12 days of listings
> instead of 14.  The setup screen looks correct but it is likely from the
> 0.16 settings.  Do I have to put full path names to mythfilldatabase now?
> Does the mythfilldatabase attempts show up in a log so I can troubleshoot this?

The mythfilldatabase attempts should show up in the backend log. There
was a problem in the 0.20.2 release that has been fixed in 0.20-fixes
where MythTV would ignore the suggested download time, but it should
still run every 24 hours or so.

As for whether you need the full path, this depends on the PATH variable
setting of the user running mythbackend. Adding the path won't hurt.

You will only see 14 days of data in certain time zones. Does that 12
days become 13 when you run mythfilldatabase on the command line?

FYI You may have some options specified for mythfilldatabase in your
configuration which are no longer valid mythfilldatabase options. These
should be automatically trimmed, but since your DB upgrade doesn't seem
to have taken, the options also may not have been trimmed.

-- Daniel