[mythtv-users] setting up mythweb flash player with latest svn

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:35:01 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:

> Mine works but only for my recordings made with PVR150 and 250. My
> firewire HD recordings act exactly as you described. The only difference
> I can think of between the two is that the firewire stuff uses mpeg2ts.
> I never see ffmpeg kick off like I do when I do the other recording types.

To help debug this problem, you can try changing the command that
starts ffmpeg to log its output.

Look in:
mythweb/modules/stream/handler.pl

On or near line 144 there should be a command that launches ffmpeg.
Instead of  '2>/dev/null', you could do '2>/tmp/ffmpeg.err'.

After your attempt to view the HD video in MythWeb fails, check the
/tmp/ffmpeg.err file to see if it logged any useful output.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com