[mythtv-users] TV playback size

Paul King mythtv at lowcostpchelp.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 22:08:09 UTC 2007

David Brieck Jr. wrote:
> All,
>
> I've got a new frontend setup and it's currently connected to my LCD
> panel via a normal VGA cable. It's only driving it at 1024x768 right
> now but even at that resolution I'm having a problem with playback of
> TV.
>
> It looks like the picture is scaled down to a different resolution
> that the GUI is (fullscreen). I've tried to adjust overscan and all
> that and it doesn't seem to be making any difference. The GUI is
> correct it's just the TV playback that doesn't look right.
>
> Any ideas what I need to adjust to get this working correctly?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>
> BTW, I'm on Ubuntu Feisty and version .20.2 of MythTV on both frontends.

Hi

I have a possile solution. Sis your preious frontend run on a screen
outputting a widescreen resolution?

It sounds like the system is recieving the channel in widescreen and is
therefore showing it in letterbox on your current screen which is
currently setup in non widescreen resolution. 1024x768 is a 4:3 non
widescreen btw.

The easiest way I found was to launch mythfrontend. Then select
Utilities/Setup, Then Setup, Then TV Settings, Then Playback. Now on the
ascreen that pops up just before the last entry there is an option
called Aspect Overide Change thois to 4/3 and it should solve your problem.

Regards