[mythtv-users] Fall premieres

Pamela Jaye Ashworth pashworth at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 13 23:10:33 UTC 2007

Hi all!
I'm new and clueless, I barely speak pidgin Linux, and I shouldn't be
judged by my brother ;-) (who knows stuff). Just think of me as one
of the "Wife"s in the WAF.

I've had a mythbox since July 2004 - except for those excruciating
months from March to August 2007 before I gave up trying to get Jay
to "fix" it, bought a new hard drive and *begged* him to do a new
install.
Comments follow....

On 13 Sep 2007 at 15:57, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 03:42:32PM -0400, James Orr wrote:
> >    On 9/13/07, Jay R. Ashworth <[1]jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> >      As my sister Pam notes, it's even easier in new releases of Myth.
> >      You just pause playback, and hit 'S',

you don't have to pause, just hit S

 and you go directly to the
> >      Program Guide.  Navigate to the new show (Pg Dn for "ahead one day

that's "End" I believe

 is
> >      useful here,

)

and it starts on the channel you're on) and then 'R' for
> >      record once, or 'I' to record it

any way you want

 every week.
> >      When you exit the program guide, you can

the player will

 just unpause and go back to
> >      your show.  All hail whomever wrote that code, BTW.

AMEN! I found it by accident (and now I'm looking for that "find the
premieres but don't necessarily record them" post)

> >    Awesome, I never realized this. I just tried it out, you don't need
> >    to hit pause btw, for me it paused it automatically when I went to
> >    the guide screen.

oops, I really should read ahead...

> I suspected that might work, but hadn't tested it.  It's new in 0.20
> somewhere.  We're pretty sure 0.19 didn't do this.

we had .19? I thought we were back at .16 or .17...  this version has
*all kinds* of new goodies! My eternal thanks to whoever all wrote
them.

--
Pam (from Boston, no matter where I live now)
"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it