[mythtv-users] Laptop - front end question...

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 01:26:38 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I was making an assumption, sorry it probably is an IrDA port... An
> external remote would work...
>
> Any chance of booting this up without having to open it each time I want
> the front end to load?

I really don't know much about how you might accomplish this in software,
but if it comes down to it you can always disable the hardware that tells
the computer the lid is closed.  It should be easy enough to figure out if
it works in clamshell mode, though, and if it does, just leave it on.  Then
there would be no need to get to the power button.

Another thought is that if you use a remote with an USB rf reciever, it
probably supports being awoken by the usb port.

--
TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL
cribe at wcjb.com