[mythtv-users] Does it matter which Hauppauge tv-card i buy???

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 03:16:31 UTC 2007

On Thursday 13 September 2007 07:12:13 pm Ben Bullard wrote:
> Looking at Newegg.com I see WinTV-PVR-150 model #1045 WinTV-PVR-150-MCE
> model # 1042 and WinTV-PVR-500 model # 1081. I have Comcast cable and
> internet in Colorado. Will any of these work with Comcast cable and
> internet and is one better than another? I'll initially be doing this in
> Ubuntu Feisty and later Gentoo and Debian maybe. Here's what Newegg has
> right now:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=47&name=Video-Devi
>ces

From my understanding the 500 = 2 150's

The 1045 is the best bet..
1042 is the MCE model, you may want not really care for this one..

No need for 250 since chips on 150 are now the same

Stay away from 350

and becareful when buying 150's sometimes HVR 1600's come in the box, return
it if it is.. Since no linux drivers are made for the 1600 at this time.

Don't bid on cards on ebay.. Because I am

Thanks

--
How much can you know about yourself, you've never been in a fight? I don't
wanna die without any scars. So come on; hit me