[mythtv-users] MythFrontend and MythSetup crash X (FC7, nvidia)

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 05:46:57 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> I did a full poweroff and reboot and now I can get to mythfrontend and
> mythtvsetup but after the "pre-scaling theme image" nothing appears. The
> keyboard is recognized, in that I can Esc and get the "do you want to quit?"
> prompt.

This usually indicates that the OpenGL painter is active but your
video card isn't rendering properly.  You can manually switch the
painter to the Qt painter in the database (assuming defaults):

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
update settings set data='qt' where value='ThemePainter';

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com