[mythtv-users] Does it matter which Hauppauge tv-card i buy???

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:13:44 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Ben Bullard <benny.bullard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at Newegg.com I see WinTV-PVR-150 model #1045 WinTV-PVR-150-MCE
> model # 1042 and WinTV-PVR-500 model # 1081. I have Comcast cable and
>
> <snip>
>
> ben bullard

Ben,

Not mentioned were differences between the 150 and 150-MCE.

The 150-MCE has an F-connector for FM input, and RCA jacks for audio
inputs.  It also does not include a remote.

The 150 has a stereo phono jack for audio inputs, a remote receiver port,
and a remote.

If you already have a remote control solution and don't care about FM radio,
*then* they're equivalent (you can always pick up an adapter cable if the
audio jack(s) aren't the kind you need).

Craig.