[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu

Matt Mossholder matt+MythTV-Users at mossholder.com
Fri Sep 14 16:00:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:41:53 -0400, "Michael MacLeod" <mikemacleod at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Daniel Westendorf <dwestendorf at scottusa.com> wrote:
>
> I'd encourage giving mythbuntu a try. It didn't get me very far due to
> some quirky hardware and installation problems, but as already
> mentioned it's an alpha build. However it's got a lot going for it, so
> as long as your install doesn't throw up any bugs, it should work
> really really well.
>
> If it doesn't, I'd recommend having another go at Ubuntu if you
> haven't tried out Feisty Fawn for MythTV. I set up a new backend
> system with it and it went smoothly enough to get me worried, thinking
> I'd missed something. There's also great documentation available at:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV
>
> Hope that helps
>
> Mike

I'll second Mike's statements. I just built a Mythbuntu system on a laptop, so that I can run MythTV demos at Software Freedom Day tomorrow, and was very impressed. Everything except for my quirky remote control "just worked"... even HD playback, on a 1.4GHz Pentium M, with an ATI R2V50 chipset almost worked enough to use...

      --Matt