[mythtv-users] Mac OSX Universal Binary for .20.2 @ thesniderpad.com

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Sep 14 17:15:57 UTC 2007

At 12:09 AM +1000 9/15/07, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>I finally got around to playing with this on my wifes work provided macbook
>but it appears to be having some issues connecting to the database. It can
>read some of the tables ie. mythvideo, previously recorded but as soon as I
>access either watch livetv of watch recordings I get errors about being
>unable to contact the database

This might be a firewall or MySQL permissions issue on your backend
machine. Try opening Console on the Mac, to see what it lists as
errors when you do these things.

>  Also I was wondering how I can connect it to
>my mythvideos, I know I need to connect to the videos directory but how can
>I do this in mac osx? (Samba, nfs? How do I mount these and where)

Assuming your backend is set up for samba, you would go to the Mac
desktop (Finder) and Go->Connect to Server. Then, use the prefix
"smb://" in the location, like:

   smb://mybackend/videos

Then, you need to figure out the full path to this location, so that
you can enter it into the frontend's configuration. Assuming it was
the above example, it would be:

   /Volumes/mybackend/videos

One way you can test this is to open Terminal and try to "ls" this location.

By the way, don't be surprised if the music plugin crashes
repeatedly. I tried it this morning using a pretty recent SVN
version, and got booted out multiple times.