[mythtv-users] Capture cards change Dev numbers on reboot

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Sep 14 18:22:12 UTC 2007

On 9/14/07, Gregg <3gemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a pvr 250 and pchdtv3000 running on fc6. I just started to
> experience a problem at boot The Pvr250 and pchd3000 switch places on
> boot. sometimes the 250 is card 0 and sometimes it is card1.  I can
> keep changing it in mythtvsetup, but that is annoying.  The only
> change I made to my system is adding more memory.  Is there a way to
> tell fedora to load the pvr250 as /dev/video0 ?

There is an option you can pass to ivtv that is like:

option ivtv first_minor_number=1

or something like that which will force IVTV to always start with
/dev/video1 leaving /dev/video0 open always for your HD3000 no matter what
order the drivers load in.  I found this a *whole* lot easier than trying to
figure out udev rules.

Kevin