[mythtv-users] Recommendations for Motherboard for Pentium Quad Core

Paul King mythtv at lowcostpchelp.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 20:20:43 UTC 2007

Hi

Im looking to build a Mega main server.
This machine will be my main Backend and one of the front ends for my
new system.
I am looking for a full size board with as many pci slots as I can find
as Im looking to have 4 capture cards in this machine. I will also need
2 netwokr cards so a board with 2 network on board would be good. If not
5 pci slots or one with a pci-e port for network would be a must.

I woulike to use one of the new Quad Core intel processors and would
like recommendations of the best board to use with this.

Oh Nvidia Graphics would be nice too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Im planning to use 1 x Hauppage Nova-T500 and 3 x TT C-1500 cards

Regards