[mythtv-users] I keep getting disabled from the list

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Sep 14 21:55:17 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 03:22:55PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> Jay Mallar wrote:
> > Not exactly sure why, but every three or four days, I get "disabled" due
> > to "too many bounces", but only on this list.  I'm on several other
> > lists, although not nearly quite as active, and I've never been
> > "disabled" before.
> >
> > Any idea how I can track this down?  I'm not even sure who's doing the
> > rejection...
>
> Not sure, but I think "secureserver" has something to do with GoDaddy,

It does.

> and I have heard complaints that some of their anti-spam measures can
> get too aggressive.

They most certainly are too aggressive.  I went through hell this past
January trying to get them to quit blocking www.mythtv.org as a spam
site.

> I'd start there.

I'd rather start with the actual bounce messages.  I've asked Isaac
for them a couple of times, but he hasn't delivered them yet.  Dealing
with Godaddy technical support, at least regarding email and spam IME,
was pure hell and I'd like to have as much information as possible
before going into battle with them again.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net