[mythtv-users] question about HD HomeRun

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 02:40:25 UTC 2007

I've written about the HDHomeRun a bit on my website:
http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/hdtv/hdhomerun/hdhomerun.html

It's really an impressive little box that works very well.  Basically,
on demand, it streams an MPEG2 stream over the network to an mms style
client like VLC.  It has two HDTV tuners built in, and can stream a
MPEG2 stream from each.

It's works very much like a standard PCI based HDTV tuner, just that
it uses ethernet as the transport instead of being internal to the
machine.

MythTV has excellent support for the device.  If your in the market
for an HDTV tuner, is very much a device worth considering.

-Pete
MythPVR.com