[mythtv-users] SD now $15 for 6 months

Raphael rpooser at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 04:57:48 UTC 2007

Rich West wrote:
> Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
>> Thank you SD, so much. I just got my MythTV box all finished and i couldn't be
>> happier!
>
> Yes, definitely kudos to all on the Schedules Direct team.  My WAF
> factor went *way* up when she found out about the rate change!
>
> Thanks for all of your efforts!
> -Rich

I am impressed with how fast the rate went down. This shows they're
pretty serious about getting it down to below $20 per year.

In light of all the arguments going on about whether this is "free",
"non free", etc., I'm considering the fact that at (soon to be) $20 per
year, the cost of listings is less than the electricity cost that it
actually takes (at 0.15 / kWh) to run my backend/frontend, which is
always on.

Also, mythtv is free. I certainly don't pay anything for it, and I can
modify the source code as I see fit. Arguments that it is not free
because you must invest in hardware to actually run it are farcical,
seeing as you must either already have or buy hardware to run any free
software, not just mythtv. And of course, for obvious reasons, mythtv
does not consist of guide data, and therefore any price for that is a
moot point as far as the "freeness" of mythtv is concerned. Don't need
to go down that road again.

Thanks a lot to the schedules direct folks. So far I'm a happy customer.

Raphael