[mythtv-users] nvidia-graphics9755 for Fedora 7 and error reading repomd.xml

Kevin Clayton kevin.clayton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 15:21:25 UTC 2007

I was on FC2 and a very old myth and wanted tv listings again
so I did a fresh install of Fedora 7. And wanted to sort of follow Jarod's
FC6 guide.

I can't seem to get proper nvidia graphics drivers installed.

I wonder if I have yum set up incorrectly and if I'm looking for the
right nvidia drivers.

My video card:
    nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForece4 MX 440 AGP 8x]

Here's some kernel info:

   [root at zion yum.repos.d]# yum list installed | grep kernel | sort
   kernel-headers.i386                      2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
installed
   kernel.i686                              2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
installed
   [root at zion yum.repos.d]#
   [root at zion yum.repos.d]# echo $KVER
   2.6.21-1.3194.fc7                                           <----- my
kernel version
   [root at zion yum.repos.d]#

Yum update gives error regarding repomd.xml:

   [root at zion yum.repos.d]# yum install nvidia-graphics9755-kmdl-$KVER
   Setting up Install Process
   Parsing package install arguments
   http://dl.atrpms.net/fc7-i386/atrpms/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007  15:13:29 GMT
   Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)

   Trying other mirror.
   Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: atrpms
   [root at zion yum.repos.d]#

If I go to the atrpms web page and look under Fedora 7 distribution,
nvidia-graphics
http://atrpms.net/dist/f7/nvidia-graphics/
I don't find an entry for nvidia-graphics9755*, there are entries
for nvidia-graphics100*

I checked under FC6 on atrpms, and also, there are entries for
nvidia-graphics100 but
not nvidia-graphics9755

Thanks for any suggestions.
Kevin.