[mythtv-users] Understanding HD Antennas ( was HDHomeRun and jumpy video)

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Sep 15 16:28:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 08:41:47PM -0500, Meatwad wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
> > Jon Boehm wrote:
> >
> >> I'm having HD antenna problems myself right now.  My signal strength is
> >> fine but I have unstable signal to noise ratio.  :-(  I have an
> >> HDHomerun, which I love, with a Antennas Direct DB4 in the attic.
> >>
> >> http://www.antennasdirect.com/DB4_HDTV_antenna.html
> >>
> >> The antenna is directly attached to tuner0 of the hdhomerun with no
> >> amplifier.

	Say I live in one of those prissy suburban subdivisions with
an HOA. Can I mount my antenna lower? Mebbe use a longer range antenna
than I would if it were on the roof?

        The idea would be to put it beneath the side fence and next
to the window of the office where the backend sits. It would end up
being less than 2 meters away from the tuner.

[deletia]