[mythtv-users] Does it matter which Hauppauge tv-card i buy???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Sep 15 17:28:31 UTC 2007

jdonohue654-mythtv at yahoo.com wrote:

> As you mentioned, the 350's hardware is made exactly
> for the job, and it does very well using the xv
> driver. So I don't really understand why so many
> people recommend against the 350 for SD viewing.

I think folks are not so much recommending against the 350 as "not
wanted" as "not necessary", and also precluding HD.

Building any PVR these days that can't handle HD might be short-sighted.
Even if there isn't enough HD programming for your tastes today, that
will likely change.

> Still, I'd like to see if I can get the same quality
> video out that others have reported.

A lot depends on what display you are driving. The 350's output is
designed for an interlaced CRT display, and thus does very well with those.

beww