[mythtv-users] mythmusic in recent svn doesn't work

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 15 18:16:04 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:
> I'm getting this in mythmusic:
>
> /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN18ConfigurationGroup6byNameE7QString
> 2007-09-15 08:16:55.728 MythPlugin::init() dlerror:
> /usr/local/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmusic.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN18ConfigurationGroup6byNameE7QString
> 2007-09-15 08:16:55.728 Unable to initialize plugin 'mythmusic'.
> 2007-09-15 08:16:55.728 Unable to run plugin 'mythmusic': not initialized
>
> Probably because I had to disable zoneminder?
>
> ./configure --enable-xvmc --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-dvb
> --compile-type=debug --enable-proc-opt --disable-mythzoneminder
>
> What is zoneminder, anyway?
>
> --Yan

Zoneminder is for a home surveillance camera system and will not affect
mythmusic. I am running mythmusic svn and it compiles and runs just
fine. BTW - its a bad idea to call --enable-proc-opt and not specify the
alternative processor type you want to optimize for.

Also, you need to compile AND INSTALL mythtv of the same version before
compiling plugins. I notice that you are installing into /usr/local so
make sure your directories are in the path and that no libs live in
/usr. If you are running on a machine that started out running packaged
versions of myth then you might want to add --prefix=/usr to your
compile options so that all the modules load in the correct locations.

Finally, here are the options I compile with:

[root at mythtv mythplugins]# ./configure --previous
--disable-mythnews --disable-mythphone --disable-mythzoneminder
--disable-mythmovies --disable-mythbrowser --enable-aac

Configuration settings:

        MythArchive    plugin will be built
        MythBrowser    plugin will not be built
        MythControls   plugin will be built
        MythFlix       plugin will not be built
        MythGallery    plugin will be built
        MythGame       plugin will not be built
        MythMusic      plugin will be built
        MythNews       plugin will not be built
        MythPhone      plugin will not be built
        MythVideo      plugin will be built
        MythWeather    plugin will be built
        MythZoneMinder plugin will not be built
        MythMovies     plugin will not be built
        DVD creation   support will be included in MythArchive
        Native Archive support will be included in MythArchive
        OpenGL         support will be included in MythGallery
        EXIF           support will be included in MythGallery
        OpenGL         support will be included in MythMusic
        libvisual      support will be included in MythMusic
        FFTW v.2       support will be included in MythMusic
        SDL            support will be included in MythMusic
        AAC            support will be included in MythMusic

[root at mythtv mythplugins]#