[mythtv-users] Need help tweaking settings for analog TV display

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 03:25:38 UTC 2007

On 9/15/07, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> As far as the color problem, this is a FE-only system.  The capture cards
> are all on the BE and outputs look fine (on the 1280x1024 VGA monitor).
> I believe that I restored all the recording picture control settings at
> the time
> I was fiddling with them because I didn't want to make things worse and
> they didn't appear to be affecting this problem -- no need for making it
> *two* picture control setting problems.  I don't even know *how* to use
> MythWeb yet. Somehow I suspect I need to do something with activating
> an apache server, which I may have installed as part of following Jarod
> Wilson's Fedora Core 6 installation guide, but...  If it comes to that,
> I'll
> track down the section in Jarod' HOWTO and the references in the
> MythTV guide.
>
> I will try and see what I can do with nvidia-settings.  I will also try
> switching from the S-video cable to a composite cable (RCA to RCA) and
> see if that makes a difference (after I switch the xorg.conf TVOutFormat
> option to match).
>
> Any more advice?
>
> Craig.

An update-  I was able to get the color adjusted to settings I can live with
using nvidia-settings.  I made sure I have the command in place to re-apply
my tweaked settings on login/bootup.  The TV can switch between the
cable input and the MythTV input so I can clearly see that they're
different,
but they're both viewable.  I didn't have to try the composite approach.

Now the remaining display issue is the small font used in the mythwelcome
dialogs.  Is this one that I have to find the .xml for and modify it?

Craig.