[mythtv-users] Is HD worth it?

Brian L. Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 12:26:15 UTC 2007

Rod Roark wrote:
> When my wife and I watch TV, the problem isn't so much getting the
> clearest possible picture, but rather finding something to watch that
> doesn't suck and that we haven't already seen several times.
>
> How much quality HD programming is out there?  BTW we very seldom
> watch sports.
>
> And to make this more relevant to MythTV: am I correct in inferring
> that DirecTV with HD is not workable with Myth?

HD from directv is apparently possible, but, expensive.

http://www.169time.com/
http://www.nextcomwireless.com/r5000/home.htm

Bot h solutions require a second box (usually Windoze), in the middle to
capture the stream as d-vhs, then it can be exported to Myth via firewire.

I believe one or two people here have tried these solutions, with some
success.

Brian