[mythtv-users] MythStreamTV on Mythdora - streaming problems

Gary Elder gelder4 at cox.net
Sun Sep 16 14:12:37 UTC 2007

Anthony Giggins wrote:

> >I checked your posted link which recommended running the mythstreamtv
> install.sh script located in /usr/share/mythstreamtv. I ran install.sh
> which >seem to run OK except I was never prompted for user specific
> information like the backend server IP address, etc..  Suggestions?
> >
> >BTW, I used Ryan Pisani's update script located at
> http://dl.atrpms.net/mythdora/sdxmltvsetup.sh to update my system for
> Schedules Direct prior to >me attempting to stream video via
> mythstream.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my troubles.
>

> Did you run the yum upgrade \*myth\* or did you just use the update
> script?
>

> I ran the yum upgrade \*myth\* which updated everything to to 0.20.2
> prior to this my mythstreamtv was broken

I used the update script as the system was already running 0.20.2.

I was able to edit the install.sh as suggested by Ian Lowis. Now the MythstreamTV shows the appropriate IP for the backend.  However, I'm now having problems viewing the stream.  I select the stream and launch it using the HTTP link. VLC media web interface loads in my browser but nothing happens when I press the PLAY button.

I've looked for documentation on how to run MythstreamTV but haven't been able to find anything that walks through running the plugin step by step.