[mythtv-users] Asus M2NPV-VM based MythTV box

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 19:14:38 UTC 2007

On 9/16/07, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> n 9/16/07, Joacim J <jocke4news at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a fresh built HTPC based upon Asus M2NPV-VM (NVIDIA GeForce 6150
> > + nForce 430). To get it complete I need to solve these issues:
> >
> > 1. The motherboard have support for S/PDIF and I have bought the bracket
> > for it (optical and coaxial S/PDIF). I have not got this to work and would
> > appreciate any help.
>

> Make sure the input it unmuted.  To do this play some music and in
> terminal run alsamixer.  unmute all outputs by pushing the m key and turning
> the volume up with the arrow keys.  usally the output for spdif is labeled
> "IEC958"  then in myth FE, in the setting under general select ALSA:spdif in
> all boxes.  For my two boxes this was all that was required.

I feel stupid....I have done this before and should have a better memory
...Thanks for reminding me :)

2. The HTPC is connected to a 32" CRT TV (Sony KV-32FX60E). The TV is quite
> > old and have only 3 scarts as input. I have tried to use s-video with
> > s-video/scart adapter but that gives unstable picture (switching between
> > grey and normal) abd therefore I have connected it via composite and
> > composite/scart adapter. The picture does not fill the screen and aren't
> > straight in the edges (not completely in the picture either, e.g. on the
> > OSD ). How should I setup X to work with a CRT TV?
> >
> > 3. I miss some information for the TV above such as:
> > - Horizontal/Vertical Sync ?
> > - Recommended resolution ?
>

> Not sure about any of this I am in the US.

I am located in Sweden, Europe and are using PAL.
Somebody else??

Any hints/recommendations are very welcome!!

> > PS. My wife are not that satisfied about the new "gadget" right now and
> > I need to sort things out :) DS
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Joacim
> >

> Good luck.  After some tunning the WAF will go up.!

Yes, I also think so...she isn't that unfriendly to new technical things,
but they has to work when she wants it to (as for everyone :) )

--
Regards
Joacim