[mythtv-users] New Version: Bulk Updater for Videometa(imdb) data

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Sep 17 05:37:42 UTC 2007

>> This is great, exactly what I've been looking for. A few suggestions
>> though
>>
>> 1. Maybe another Option to allow IMDB lookup for newly added videos from
>> the
>> -Fileup switch?
>
> Well. You can combine both -Fileup -N on the same line. Fileup will run
> first so effectively it's the same thing.

The only problem is not every video is going to be on imdb so its going to
attempt to download the data every time the script runs for videos that it
is never going to find which I'm sure once this is widely used in the
mythtv circles would exponentially increase the traffic hitting the imdb
website. Obviously this wouldn't be a problem if every video you had was
in imdb.