[mythtv-users] Mac OSX Universal Binary for .20.2 @ thesniderpad.com

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Mon Sep 17 12:59:01 UTC 2007

> At 12:09 AM +1000 9/15/07, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>I finally got around to playing with this on my wifes work provided
>> macbook
>>but it appears to be having some issues connecting to the database. It
>> can
>>read some of the tables ie. mythvideo, previously recorded but as soon as
>>access either watch livetv of watch recordings I get errors about being
>>unable to contact the database
>
> This might be a firewall or MySQL permissions issue on your backend
> machine. Try opening Console on the Mac, to see what it lists as
> errors when you do these things.
>
>>  Also I was wondering how I can connect it to
>>my mythvideos, I know I need to connect to the videos directory but how
>> can
>>I do this in mac osx? (Samba, nfs? How do I mount these and where)
>
> Assuming your backend is set up for samba, you would go to the Mac
> desktop (Finder) and Go->Connect to Server. Then, use the prefix
> "smb://" in the location, like:
>
>    smb://mybackend/videos
>
> Then, you need to figure out the full path to this location, so that
> you can enter it into the frontend's configuration. Assuming it was
> the above example, it would be:
>
>    /Volumes/mybackend/videos
>
> One way you can test this is to open Terminal and try to "ls" this
> location.
>
> By the way, don't be surprised if the music plugin crashes
> repeatedly. I tried it this morning using a pretty recent SVN
> version, and got booted out multiple times.
> --
> Dan Wilga                                                        "Ook."

OK I'm getting the following errors when running from the console, what am
I missing? it appears to be configured correctly to 172.16.107.77 .

2007-09-17 21:38:21.788 Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543 (try
1 of 5)
2007-09-17 21:38:21.788 Connection timed out.
                        You probably should modify the Master Server
                        settings in the setup program and set the
                        proper IP address.

also having issues mounting via nfs
mount 172.16.107.77:/storage /storage
mount_nfs: /storage: Operation not permitted

I have been able to mount this on another linux box but not macOSX

but I was able to mount via samba
mount -t smbfs //mythtv/storage /Users/<username>/Documents/storage/
which also wasn't working, I finally got working by symbolically linking
/Users/<username>/Documents/storage/ to /storage and my videos are under
/storage/videos on my backend