[mythtv-users] I'm an HD Idiot.. Help me out

ccmail at bellsouth.net ccmail at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 17 13:08:38 UTC 2007

On Sunday 16 September 2007 Ben Kevan wrote:

> Guessing the only HD channels you would get are
> the freeones over your basic cable (Comcast here)
> and will have to pay extra for the special channels
> that are encrypted HD?

Even if you pay extra for the encrypted channels, they will most likely NOT be provided to you via QAM or firewire, and there is no economical way to capture HD via other means.  In short, there is no cheap, reliable source of premium HD content for Myth.  Keep this in mind if you're planning to switch to HD.

Chuck