[mythtv-users] Upgrading CPU

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:33:21 UTC 2007

> I am just saving my favorite shows to an Archive server over NFS until the
> DVDs come out.

Have you tried transcoding a file where the source and destination are
the local disk? Perhaps the network is the problem.

> Also, I am using mencoder, also I am using multipass, therefore nuvexport
> goes over the same material twice.

Are these videos HD?

If not, I do not believe the CPU is the main problem here. 3 hours is
way too long. I believe slow IO or not enough memory is causing the
problem.  Have you ran top when transcoding to see what is causing the
problem.

John