[mythtv-users] Where does the remote lag come from?

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:50:20 UTC 2007

Back to your problem....  ;-)

I ran Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, Feisty, and now Gutsy, and I have never had the
lag you mentioned...  The reason why I said that was because I'm using
MySQL Server 5 and have been for awhile...no problems.

Rick, is there anything else in the room where it could be causing
'interference'?  Did you get a new light?  Is there a bright light on
in front of the remote receiver?  For the PVR-150 (which is what I
have), is the 'blaster' part hidden somewhere so it doesn't blast
signals out?  Is there an IR port on your laptop or computer that is
enabled?

I'm not saying that the blaster part of the pvr-150 cable would be
sending a signal out...but to me, and I'm no expert, it sounds like
some sort of interference.  Also, since you mentioned that you have
two PVR-150's, what happens if you try to plug the remote blaster
cable thingy into the other card?  Do you have the other remote that
came with the other card?  If so, what happens if you use the other
remote?

If you're still stumped, I'll go home and try the irw command with my
remote and let you know if it pauses or not.

Good Luck!
Mike