[mythtv-users] Boolean custom recordings in mythweb

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:02:51 UTC 2007

On 9/16/07, Andy Rabin <andy.rabin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe this isn't possible, but is there any way to use booleans in
> custom recordings through mythweb?
>
> For example, I'd have a custom recording set up to record all programs
> on Speed with "MotoGP" in the title, but I'd rather not have the 125
> or 250 races recorded, so something like "MotoGP -125 -250" or
> anything like that?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
> --

Are you using the power search or just the Title search?

With just the title search I'm not sure, but with the power search you can use:

program.title LIKE "%MotoGP%" AND (program.title NOT LIKE "%125%"
program.title NOT LIKE "%250%")

For example, here's my basketball search:

program.title = 'College Basketball' AND program.category="Sports
event" AND ( program.subtitle like "%North Carolina State%" OR
program.subtitle like "%Boston College%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Virginia%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Clemson%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Georgia Tech%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Boston College%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Duke%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Maryland%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Florida%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Kansas%"
OR program.subtitle like "%Wake Forrest%"
)

Can you guess what conference I mostly like to watch? (Don't worry,
UNC is covered under it's own higher priority rule).

Ryan