[mythtv-users] Great job MythArchive team

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:00:36 UTC 2007

On 9/17/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> recording to dvd.  Well Friday I recorded Doctor Who "Blink."  WOW that
> was a keeper.  So after installing some dependencies out of the Ubuntu

Hehehe, I've been trying to archive the same episode :D
...unsuccessfully for a couple of weeks now :(

> Great job guys it was much easier than I thought it would.  Keep up the
> great work.  I can't wait to see how you make it even better.

It works *perfectly* for me if I use the SP profile, but when I try to
use the HQ profile it sits there processing for ages (re-encoding the
video, according to the logs) and then fails, complaining about no
input video to work on, or something like that... I still need to get
around to pulling out the messages and trying to report it here. This
is the first time I've tried using the HQ profile.

Usually I use SP or EP, trying to cram as much on the disk as
possible, rather than trying to retain high quality. This is the first
time I've ever had any problems with it.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent