[mythtv-users] Advice Requested re LCD TV's

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Tue Sep 18 01:59:34 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:
[deleted]

> Can anyone suggest a 32 to 37 inch high definition (1920 x 1200) LCD TV,
>   (brand plus model) available in North America which can, in effect,
> deal with 2 different coax inputs easily. That is, go seamlessly from
> cable to OTA tuning. If that means selecting a different Input Source,
> that is alright, so long as it is not a 4 to 6 step procedure.
>
> For bonus points, can anyone suggest a TV that *also* has ethernet or
> serial control capabilities? The LG 37LB5D has a serial input which
> meets this test, but I do not know if it can handle the inputs as required.

I have a Mitsubishi 37" LT-37131 that I bought about 1 year ago.  It is
1080p native (i.e., 1920x1080 actual pixels.)  The HD picture is
wonderful, although I can't say that is an objective comparison, as I
have nothing to compare it to.

The SD picture is actually quite good, considering it is an LCD - you
have several options for zoom and stretch to fill the screen, which I
feel are all quite good.

But the input switching on this TV is dead simple - hit the input button
on the remote, it displays a list of your available inputs (which you
can re-define and rename), arrow over to the one you want, and hit the
select button.

I have the DVI input assigned to my mythbox.  It's being driven at
1080p, although I am currently only display SD material.

http://mitsubishi-tv.com/j/i/18326/TelevisionDetails.html?cid=390

(Sorry - no ethernet or serial control)