[mythtv-users] Korean Air uses Linux PVR on flights

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Sep 18 02:02:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 10:52 +0900, ryan patterson wrote:
> Yesterday I flew on a Korean Air flight to Seoul.  The in flight
> interactive TV setup was the nicest I've seen yet.  Each seat has an 8
> inch touch screen and you can pick from 30+ movies and lots of TV
> shows and music etc.  But it isn't 100% stable.  One of the computers
> rebooted during the flight.  There was a nice picture of the Linux
> penguin Tux while the computer booted into the X server and loaded the
> application again.
>
> I wonder if there is any potential to market MythTV for use on
> airlines.  It might be nice for the developers to get some fanatical
> support.

Do you mean financial support or fanatical support? :)

Umm actually, speaking of Korea, I would really love to add support
for South Korean ATSC to MythTV. The base ATSC support is there and
all we really need is a Korean speaker to translate i18n strings and
someone in Korea with a box that I could test ATSC patches on. The
internet penetration is high in Korea, we might get some improvements
made to our IPTV support and maybe even a MS Windows port going if we
had any presence in South Korea at all.

-- Daniel