[mythtv-users] No SD Update and SD Episode Numbers do notmatchprevious recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 18 03:15:45 UTC 2007

On 09/17/2007 12:12 PM, Cottrell, Eric wrote:
> I have "Automatically run mythfilldatabase" checked.  I tried unchecking
> and checking again.  I tried using the full path to mythfilldatabase and
> the default.  I tried it with the use suggested time both checked and
> unchecked.
>
> Running mythfilldatabase from the command line works.  It never runs
> from MythTV.  No log entries.  The other two housekeeping tasks are
> running as the dates in the housekeeping table are updating.
>
> I am running SuSE 10.2 with the latest MythTV packages (0.20.2) from
> Packman mirror.  After install I restored my old database.  I am going
> to grab the latest SVN source and compile it myself.  I understand there
> are some bugs in the suggested time portion that were fixed.  Maybe it
> is causing other problems.

OK.  It sounds like you may be using the "Run mythfilldatabase at time
suggested by grabber" but the time that was last suggested (i.e. by a
"manual" execution of mythfilldatabase) is not in the window during
which mythfilldatabase is allowed to run.  To fix it, change the
"mythfilldatabase Execution Start/End" times to 0 and 24, respectively.

In 0.20.2 (and 0.20-fixes), the window is "moved" to a period of a
couple of hours around the suggested time by the backend when the
backend runs mythfilldatabase.  So, if mythfilldatabase is run manually,
no one is updating the window and it may or may not line up with the
last-updated window.  In SVN trunk (and, in 0.21, when it's released),
the window isn't changed, rather it's ignored.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/263447#263447 .

Mike